Hiring isn’t easy. Taking the next step in the hiring process of physicians, advanced practitioners and executives can be one of the most challenging. So for those of you who aren’t risk-takers like House, we’ve put together a few suggestions for reviewing your candidates’ job credentials.
• Carve out time each day for resume review.
• Refer to the job description to help you stay focused and be sure you’re not missing anything.
• Scan the resume for typos – Typos indicate a lack of attention to detail.
• Review experience – Does the candidate have the skills and experience relevant to your organization and the open position?
• Look for any unexplained gaps in employment. This may be a warning sign that this person job hops, which could cost you time and money.
• Assess whether the candidate takes the time to fine-tune their resume to your job description. Did they list specific skills or research related to the position? If so, extra points should be given for their attention to detail.
Once you’ve reviewed the individual resumes, it’s time to compare candidates and choose those who meet your job requirements. Now you’re ready to move into the next step in the hiring process, the phone screen.
Did you catch Tip #2 Power Networking?
What To Look for In Resumes and Portfolios is coming up next!